The Jigawa Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), said it had deployed 356 personnel to ensure the safety of motorists and other road users during the Eid-el-Kabir break in the state.
Mr Ado Adamu, the FRSC spokesman in the state, made this known in a statement in Dutse on Thursday.
It said that the personnel deployed consisted of 89 officers, 267 marshals and 1000 special marshals.
The command said seven patrol vehicles and three life supporting ambulances were also mobilized for a 10-day Sallah Special Patrol, which commenced on July 29.
“The FRSC is ready to bring to book, drivers and motorists who are found violating traffic regulations before, during and after the festivity,” it warned.
Edited By: Olawunmi Ashafa (NAN)
- Cultism: Anambra CP summons DPOs, top police officers to emergency meeting
- UEL: Lukaku, Eriksen take Inter Milan past Getafe into last eight
- Manchester United move into Europa League last eight
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services