The Cross River Commissioner for Health, Dr Betta Edu, on Friday said sample of a suspected COVID-19 case in Cross River had been sent to the Irrua Specialist Hospital in Edo for a analysis.
Edu who was reacting to the death of a nurse at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital (UCTH), made the revelation in an interview with journalists in Calabar
The commissioner who is also the Chairman, Cross River COVID-19 Response Team, said she was aware of the death of the nurse but could not yet confirm whether or not the nurse died of a COVID-19 infection.
“We have sent sample to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) laboratory in Irrua, Edo State and the result is not yet back,” she said.
“The patient died on Wednesday night, May 20, although her sample result is yet to be ready,” the source said.
The task force also assessed some medical facilities put in place in the state to combat the pandemic.
Edited By: Abiemwense Moru/Ejike Obeta (NAN)
- Interview: Wharton dean calls for stronger world leadership as COVID-19 slows globalization
- COVID-19: Health professionals embark on street, market sensitisation in A’Ibom
- Belgium registers 137 new infections, 36 new deaths
- COVID-19 cases in Palestine rise to 613
- FG to inaugurate 200,000 capacity yam storage facility in Benue on June 9
- France GDP likely to contract by 20 pct in Q2, says national statistics bureau
- COVID-19 accelerates digital transformation of African agriculture value chains
- Alleged N570m fraud: Absence of EFCC’s counsel stalls Oyo-Ita’s trial
- Children’s Day: Don seeks more funds for public education
- Expert tasks landscape architects on appropriate horticultural practice
- Residents get COVID-19 test in Brasilia, Brazil
- Kenya’s flower exports increase as EU eases lockdown
- Armed Robbery: Court sentences 2 persons to death by hanging in Osun
- European Commission proposes borrowing 750 bln euros as recovery fund
- France bans hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 amid safety concerns
- Lebanese PM emphasizes “need for UNIFIL amid security threats by Israel”
- Wharton dean urges better global leadership amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Iran’s COVID-19 cases surpass 140,000
- Kuwait records 23,267 COVID-19 cases, 175 deaths
- Japan approves ¥31.9trn supplement budget amid virus crisis