Mr Germaine Sanwoolu, the Senior Special Adviser to Lagos State Governor on Diaspora and Foreign Relations, has urged Nigerians in Diaspora not to just invest money, but also ideas to develop Nigeria.
Sanwoolu made this call in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency , on the sidelines of the 2019 National Diaspora Day in Abuja.
“It is an opportunity for Nigerians in Diaspora to come to Lagos in particular to invest not only money but also their ideas.
“In a city that is the fifth largest economy in Africa; promising and bursting with opportunities, people and dynamism.
“Diasporans, who have great ideas for businesses, who want to invest in local businesses and who also have ideas on how we can make Lagos better, have this opportunity to come right now and make Lagos succeed,” he said.
The governor’s aide said Lagos State offers an environment conducive for investors, which promises economic growth and development.
He added that with its multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment, the state is welcoming interested Diasporans.
He further said that though there were some challenges in the country with regards to security, however, there is relative peace and security in Lagos.
Edited by Felix Ajide
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students