Saraki mourns Prof. Elebute
The President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has expressed sadness over the death of Prof. Adeyemo Elebute, the proprietor of Lagoon Group Hospitals in Lagos.
Saraki, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Yusuph Olaniyonu, in Abuja, stated that the late Prof. Elebute, was an award-winning physician that contributed immensely to national development.
He commiserated with the immediate family of the deceased, the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), the people and government of Ogun and Lagos States over the irreparable loss.
“Prof. Elebute was my mentor and personal example; he was humble and unassuming.
“He was a doctor’s doctor, a physician of repute, a medical teacher and an author of many medical texts and publications.
“His service to Nigeria through the medical profession is immeasurable; we shall miss him dearly,” he said.
Saraki prayed for the repose of the soul of the deceased and called on his family and loved ones to “sustain the sterling legacy of their departed patriarch.’’ (NNN)
- Russia postpones SCO, BRICS summits amid COVID-19 pandemic
- S.Korea reports 79 more COVID-19 cases, 11,344 in total
- African swine fever costs Asia between 55 bln and 130 bln U.S. dollars: ADB experts
- S.Korea’s c.bank slashes 2020 economic growth outlook to 0.2 pct contraction
- Rwandan commercial motorists required to go cashless to curb COVID-19 spread
- S. Korea’s corporate bond sale logs double-digit fall in April
- Tokyo stocks open higher on Wall Street’s solid overnight lead
- 1st LD Writethru: S.Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct
- S. Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct
- LASG moves to criminalize infrastructure vandalism
- Rose harvest in Syria
- Plexiglass protection Plex’Eat designed to protect diners from novel coronavirus at restaurant in Paris
- Coastal Erosion: LASG seeks N400 bn from FG
- NMA lays foundation for multi billion naira headquarters
- Chile sees 82,289 cases of COVID-19, 841 deaths
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch for weather reason
- COVID-19 infections in California surpass 100,000
- Spotlight: European Commission proposes borrowing landmark recovery fund, in “Europe’s moment”
- Overseas visitors to Ireland down 99 pct in April due to pandemic
- Roundup: European Commission proposes 750-bln-euro recovery fund as countries count losses