Saudi Arabia has licensed 348 new foreign investment projects in the first quarter of 2020, according to a report by investment authorities on Thursday.
New foreign investor projects grew by 19 percent year on year to 348 in the first quarter in 2020, which represented the country’s strongest period for inward investment since 2010, while month-to-month growth began to slow down in March due to the impact of COVID-19 on global investment, the Ministry of Investment said in the report.
Saudi Minister of Investment Khalid Al Falih said in the report that the first quarter of 2020 was Saudi Arabia’s strongest period for investor interest in ten years.
The report also revealed a 20 percent quarter-on-quarter increase in foreign investment projects from the final three months of 2019.
The report highlighted the government’s measures to support the business community and the role of investors in dealing with the pandemic‘s economic and societal challenges.
Saudi government entities have implemented stimulus packages and COVID-19 funding relief programs worth 45 billion U.S. dollars for the private sector, the report said.
“We are confident that our resilience and commitment to business continuity will keep investors coming to the kingdom as the business community recovers and activity gains momentum in the post–COVID-19 era,” Al Falih added.
- Los Angeles declares curfew after four days of protests
- Belgium’s hospitality industry heavily affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Portuguese president, PM pay tribute to firefighters amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Hundreds of people arrested after protests against police brutality in Los Angeles
- Cuba backs WHO after U.S. announces terminating relationship
- Spotlight: NASA, SpaceX launch first crewed mission from U.S. soil since 2011
- Feature: Deported Salvadoran recalls dangerous conditions, inadequate care at U.S. detention center during pandemic
- People protest in U.S. Oakland over police-custody death of George Floyd
- Global COVID-19 cases top 6 mln — Johns Hopkins University
- SpaceX launches NASA astronauts into orbit on historic mission
- COVID-19 cases in Chile rise to 94,858, with 997 deaths
- Belgium expresses support for WHO
- Roundup: Over 530 arrested in U.S. LA after protests over death of George Floyd turn violent
- Roundup: Turkey’s COVID-19 cases surpass 163,000 as Iran’s tally nears 149,000
- Sylva, NNPC staff, others pay tribute to ex-GMD of NNPC Baru
- Egyptian, French presidents discuss regional issues, focus on war-torn Libya
- EU condemns killing of migrants in Libya
- COVID-19: Enugu govt. decontaminates Ogbete Main Market
- COVID-19: NCAC, NANTA advocate collaborations for tourism sector recovery
- 66 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Morocco, 7,780 in total