Saudi-led coalition, involved in a war in Yemen, intercepted on Wednesday a drone launched by Houthi militia towards Saudi border city of Najran.
The Houthis target daily Saudi lands, mainly cities in the western borders with drones and missiles.
Most of the attacks fail to reach their targets.
The coalition’s spokesperson, Turki Al Maliki, said in a statement on Saudi Press Agency that the drone was intercepted on Wednesday morning and was targeting civilian sites in Najran.
He said that the coalition has taken measures to intercept and destroy drones and missiles, and neutralised the powers of the Iranian-backed Houthi militias.
The coalition completed its fourth-year war in Yemen in the first quarter of 2019 in support of the Yemeni exiled government and against the Houthis.
Edited by Abdulfatah Babatunde
- New Zealand reports no new COVID-19 case for 9 consecutive days
- S. Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 30,000
- Rwanda reports first COVID-19 death
- 1st LD Writethru: 5.3-magnitude quake hits 1210 km N of Acarau, Brazil — USGS
- Los Angeles declares curfew after four days of protests
- Belgium’s hospitality industry heavily affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Portuguese president, PM pay tribute to firefighters amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Hundreds of people arrested after protests against police brutality in Los Angeles
- Cuba backs WHO after U.S. announces terminating relationship
- Spotlight: NASA, SpaceX launch first crewed mission from U.S. soil since 2011
- Feature: Deported Salvadoran recalls dangerous conditions, inadequate care at U.S. detention center during pandemic
- People protest in U.S. Oakland over police-custody death of George Floyd
- Global COVID-19 cases top 6 mln — Johns Hopkins University
- SpaceX launches NASA astronauts into orbit on historic mission
- COVID-19 cases in Chile rise to 94,858, with 997 deaths
- Belgium expresses support for WHO
- Roundup: Over 530 arrested in U.S. LA after protests over death of George Floyd turn violent
- Roundup: Turkey’s COVID-19 cases surpass 163,000 as Iran’s tally nears 149,000
- Sylva, NNPC staff, others pay tribute to ex-GMD of NNPC Baru
- Egyptian, French presidents discuss regional issues, focus on war-torn Libya