The Premier League confirmed last week that the season, originally suspended until April 30, would not resume at the beginning of May.
The season would only return when the situation stabilises.
League leaders Liverpool need six points to seal the title while European spots and relegation candidates are still unclear with nine games to go.
This has raised questions about how they would be decided if the season does not resume.
“Scrap it and start again. Start it again, yeah,” Shaw said during the Combat Corona fundraiser for UNICEF, a FIFA 20 competition that was streamed on Twitch.
“It’s got to be, you know. If we can’t carry it on, it’s got to be void.”
Shaw was part of the event —– which also had Gareth Bale, Paulo Dybala, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Jordan Pickford and Ruben Loftus-Cheek —– which raised around 17,000 pounds (20,920 dollars) through online donations.
Some Premier League clubs had mulled finishing the season by playing games without spectators in attendance.
But Shaw said that was not a view he endorsed as fans filling up stadiums was crucial.
“Fans are so important. You realise it even more (now),” Shaw, 24, added. “I think the sport is for fans really… I think if you don’t have fans, and you don’t play in front of fans, it just doesn’t feel right.
“Especially on match days, the fans are always amazing and always help the team. Whether it’s home or even away, our fans are always brilliant and I feel like they’re always there with us.”
Manchester United were three points behind fourth-placed Chelsea before the season was suspended, a position which left them out of reckoning for a UEFA Champions League ticket.
Edited By: Dorcas Jonah and Olawale Alabi)
- Kenyan farmers grapple with oscillating temperatures as climate varies
- Spain considering opening “tourist corridors” before July
- OPEC mourns ex-GMD of NNPC Baru
- Community leader lauds FG, KDSG for remembering the poor, vulnerable
- COVID-19 infections in Lebanon rise to 1,191
- People spend weekend at Bilpin Fruit Bowl in Bilpin, Australia
- Magnitude-5.4 earthquake rattles southern Philippines
- Nsukka council Chairman warns residents against dumping refuse in drains
- Philippines to resume domestic flights on June 1, int’l flights remain suspended
- Feature: Kenyan young learner stitching face masks to boost fight against COVID-19
- 2,355 new COVID-19 infections detected in Qatar, total 55,262
- UK House of Commons urged to continue virtual meetings amid COVID-19 threat
- Shallow quake strikes off central Indonesia
- India enters Lockdown Phase 5 till June 30
- SADC set to turn COVID-19 challenge into opportunity of emboldening industrialization
- Survey shows 75 pct of schools in rural Zambia not ready to reopen
- 5.5-magnitude quake hits 196 km SE of Sarangani, Philippines — USGS
- Philippines reports 590 new COVID-19 cases, total exceeds 17,000
- Ethiopia’s COVID-19 cases surpass 1,000 as 95 new cases confirmed
- Edo primary: APC Chieftain urges members against causing disaffection