Ayuba, who resides at Mararaba Nassrawa State, is charged with on theft.
He pleaded not guilty.
Ukagha said that Ayuba was employed as a security guard to house No 10 Kunle Suleiman Street by Life Camp, Abuja.
The prosecutor alleged that Ayuba stole 145 cartons of floor tiles valued at N500,000 and sold them.
Ukagha said during police investigation the defendant confessed to the crime.
She said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 288 of the Penal Code.
The Judge, Alhaji Inuwa Maiwada, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N5.5 million with one surety in like sum.
Maiwada ordered that the surety must be a grade level 09 Officer in the Federal Civil Service and his address must be within the court’s jurisdiction and verified by the court’s police.
He also ordered that in the absence of the surety, the defendant be remanded in prison and adjourned the matter until Nov. 19, for substantive hearing.
Watch Live News
- COVID-19: Katsina Govt. lifts suspension on Friday prayers
- COVID-19: Police nab 2 pilots for allegedly violating restrictions on local flight in Rivers
- Golf-Immelman says Masters in November presents new challenge
- Police warn residents against violating restriction order in Niger
- Oyo govt. to establish energy centre to generate electricity
- Sanitize your mobile phone jackets as safeguard against COVID-19 pandemic, Doctor advises
- Nigeria records 16 fresh COVID-19 cases, as Katsina, Delta records first case
- COVID-19: Delta lawmaker distributes food items to contituents
- NiMet predicts thundery activities from Wednesday to Friday
- Group raises concerns over COVID-19 status of 35 Senators