Innocent, who resides in Kado village Abuja, is charged with two counts of breach of trust and theft.
The Prosecution Counsel, Ijeoma Ukagha, informed the court that the complainant, Patricia Ajayi , who also lives in Kado village, reported the matter at the Life Camp Police Station on Sept. 4.
Ukagha alleged that on Sept. 2, at about 10.46 a.m, the complainant gave Innocent her cylinder and N1,900 to assist her refill at the filling station.
She said the defendant criminally sold the cylinder for N1,500, to an unknown scrap dealer.
The prosecutor said that the defendant converted the money to his personal use.
She said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 312 and 287 of the Penal Code.
The Judge, Alhaji Inuwa Maiwada, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50, 000 and one surety in the like sum.
Maiwada ordered that the surety must have a reasonable means of livelihood and must reside within the jurisdiction of the court.
The judge adjourned the case until Oct. 15 for hearing.
Edited by Kamal Tayo Oropo/Sadiya Hamza
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism