Kolawole, a resident of Onipanu, Lagos, is being tried for stealing.
The defendant committed the offence on June 3 at Ikorodu Road, Onipanu, Lagos, the Police Prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde told the court.
He alleged that the defendant stole the materials belonging to Peculiar Treasure Resort and Event Centre.
“The defendant was employed to guard a site under construction where materials were kept.
“When the engineers came to the site to work, it was discovered that different types of irons, steels, cross bars, supporters, aluminum, among other materials were missing.
“When the defendant was questioned, he could not give an account of the missing materials.
“He was handed over to the police,” the prosecutor said.
The offence contravened Section 287(7) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the section prescribes seven years jail term for stealing.
Following his plea of not guilty, Magistrate Mrs B.O Osunsanmi released him on bail of N300, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Osunsanmi said that the sureties should be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years tax payment to the Lagos State Government (LASG).
Further hearing has been fixed for Aug. 26.
- Legislative Health Summit: N1bn Cancer Fund not enough – Panelists
- No plan to stop Basic Healthcare Fund — Senate
- Cleric in court for alleged trespass
- Australia battling bushfires, bracing for hot weather, strong wind
- Court remands woman for allegedly abandoning 5-day-old baby
- Zambian president’s ex-spokesperson arrested over corruption
- Yuletide: FRSC advises motorists not to be distracted by family problems
- Appeal court dismisses Ogboru’s suit against Okowa’s election
- 2 die, 17 vehicles burnt in Sango-Ota tanker accident
- Kano custodial centre nabs suspected female drug trafficker
- Pakistan police investigate paedophile’s links to global network
- Police arraign man for allegedly stealing 1,692 cartons of engine oil
- Group urges Kaduna Govt. to strengthen nutrition delivery system
- Niger LG polls: Police ready to provide security
- Kogi Poll: Court adjourns suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility till Nov. 21
- IGP urges newly deployed CPs to partner stakeholders
- Appeal court affirms Okowa’s election as Delta governor
- Publisher in court over alleged N4m fraud
- Political parties in Chile agree on path to new constitution
- Why hike in cooking gas price may persist – Marketers