Mr. Emeka Aforka, Deputy Majority Leader of Anambra House of Assembly has called on people of the state to see the development of the state as a collective responsibility.
He said that the citizens should have a mindset of a state where justice, honesty and peace thrived and should display spirit of zero tolerance for corruption.
Aforka said that he had concluded his assessment of 16 communities in the constituency and assured all of equal representation.
The communities are Ajalli, Akpu,. Amaokpala,, Ameatiti, Awa, Awgbu, Nanka, Ndikeli-Onwu, Ndi-Okolo, Ndiowu, Okpoeze,Omogho,Ufuma,Ndiu-Kwuenu,Ndiokipala.
“I have taken record of the pressing needs of all and promised to do my best in attending to the needs ranging from provision of borehole water, reconstructing of local market stores, giving instructional materials to students,” he said.
The lawmaker urged the youths to ensure that they engaged themselves in useful ventures, which would take the constituency to a progressive level rather than getting involved in social ills that would bring the name of the area to disrepute.
Aforka said that quality motions and bills that would aid the government to meet their needs would be championed by him and promised to make the areas feel the presence of government even the most remote parts of them.
“Our major source of livelihood remains farming, I will make efforts for accessible roads so that the farm produce would be better prized than before, farming must put food on your table,” he said.
He said that he would hold town hall meetings before embarking on any capital project because good governance was largely driven by transparency and accountability.
“I will achieve my goal by actively giving room for your participation in the process of governance through your contribution,” he said.
He said that he must be accountable for his actions and would always ask them on how best to represent them because they sent him there for a reason. (NAN)
Edited by Zainab Garba/Maureen Atuonwu
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes