Mr Usman Kachalla, the agency’s Head of Rescue Operation, who confirmed the incident to newsmen in Maiduguri, stated that 15 other persons sustained injuries in the attack.
Kachalla said the deceased included four females and two males, adding that the women were burnt to death inside their homes as a result of the fire set to the houses by the insurgents.
He added that two males were hit and killed by stray bullets while trying to escape the scene of the attack.
Kachalla said that the insurgents set ablaze and destroyed residential homes, market stalls and carted away food items in the area.
He said the attack had displaced hundreds of persons in the area, but gave assurance that the agency would conduct emergency assessment to support the victims.
The Nigerian Army on Tuesday had said its troops successfully repelled attack coordinated by Boko Haram insurgents in Moloi.
Brig. – Gen. Bulama Biu, the Acting General Commanding Officer (GOC) 7 Division and Commander Sector 1, Operation Lafiya Dole, said that gallant troops repelled the attack when the insurgents attempted to infiltrate Moloi community.
Biu called on the residents not to panic, saying that the situation was under control.
- Dismissed policeman in court over alleged extortion
- FEATURE: Governorship election: Checking violence, disruption in Kogi
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons