Sen. Ita Enang, Senior Special Assisant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Niger Delta Affairs, has assured Nigerians of their safety and that of the economy under the leadership.
“Government is doing everything possible to contain the spread of the disease. Funds made available to fight COVID-19 and the one sourced from the private sector would be accounted for and used judiciously.
“None of those monies will be spent in a manner that is not approved by the National Assembly and the present administration under Buhari’s leadership will ensure accountability
“At all times, Nigerians should trust him and trust the APC government,’’ he urged.
According to him, there is also a committee on economic recovery led by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, as well as the one on fiscal policy headed by the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed.
He disclosed that all concerned agencies and ministries of the government had been given different tasks and responsibilities, adding that they were all working and giving feedback to the president.
According to him, Buhari is working on the recommendations of the Taskforce, which is the reason the COVID-19 cases in the country have not degenerated as is being experienced in other countries.
The presidential aide noted that the Federal Government was carrying the state governments along, pointing out that every citizen of the country belonged to a state and the cases of COVID-19 were being recorded across the states.
“There is no citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that is not a citizen of a particular state or local government; we are working with the states to make sure the necessary interventions get to the people through them.”
Edited By: Ese E. Ekama and Ephraims Sheyin
- Taiwan donates 50,000 medical masks to NCDC
- Edo 2020: PDP aspirant promises affordable housing, security
- AfCFTA: Feedback expected from Heads of State on feasibility of July 1 take-off — Sec. Gen
- 5 vessels laden with fuel, wheat await anchorage at Delta ports – NPA
- APC accuses Bauchi State Govt of starving Assembly of funds
- El-Rufai decries spate of banditry in Northwest
- EFCC arrest Benue vigilante commandant over alleged N449.5m fraud
- Banditry: Gov. Tambuwal updates President Buhari on Sabon Birni massacre
- Ize-Iyamu submits nomination form ahead of Edo governorship primary
- Reopening of worship centres: Muslims comply with govt. directive
- Don’t accept gifts, food from passengers, Police Command in Kebbi warns
- Police arrest man for allegedly defiling daughter in FCT
- First aircraft lands at new Yobe Int’l cargo airport
- Edo Govt. discharges 11 COVID-19 patients
- NSE: Market capitalisation closes upbeat, rises N53bn
- COVID-19: Navy gives palliative to another host Lagos community
- Boko Haram: Gov. Zulum pledges to rebuild houses destroyed in Gajiganna attack
- No COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit approved for use in Nigeria- Council
- Ethiopia records highest daily increase as 137 new COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Kebbi commences sales of subsidised livestock feeds