Giving account of his 12-month stewardship in a statement on Sunday in Ibadan, Balogun said he also donated cash, food palliatives and materials during the outbreak of COVID-19 virus.
Balogun, who was a former Commissioner for Commerce and Industries in Oyo State, said he facilitated Akufo Cattle Ranch farm worth $10m to the state.
“I also secured N-Power job for 100 beneficiaries and renovated Oje-Igosun Primary School in Ibadan,” he said.
Balogun said he empowered artisans and traders with revolving micro credit loan of N50million powered by SMEDAN.
He added that he had trained youths and film stakeholders as well as facilitated ecological project for erosion control in his senatorial district.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the lawmaker had in the last one year sponsored three bills, co-sponsored five bills, sponsored two motions and co-sponsored four motions at the Senate.
The bills included one for an Act to Amend the National Health Act 2014, to Regulate Medical Treatment Abroad and for other Matters Connected therewith 2020.
Others were bills for the development of a decentralised system of vigilantism peculiar to every local community and another seeking periodic conduct of National Population as well as Housing Census.
“The remarkable motions I sponsored were the need to upgrade the status of the Ibadan Airport to international airport and immortalization of Late Chief Richard Akinjide (SAN) in recognition of his contributions to national development.
“I also co-sponsor and supported several motions, among which are a motion to revive moribund paper mill in Nigeria as well as support for Amotekun concept in the Southwest,” he said.
Balogun said that he had in the last one year participated in several oversight functions as a senate committee member and protem chairman.
Edited By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Lunguda/Waja unrest: Adamawa deputy governor calls for peace
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies