Senator-elect Uba Sani describes re-election of Gov. El-Rufai as historic
Kaduna, March 11, 2019 The Senator-elect for Kaduna Central, Malam Uba Sani on Monday described the re-election of Gov. Nasiru El-Rufa’i at the March 9 election as most spectacular event in the history of the state.
Sani, in statement on Monday in Kaduna said that his joy at the electoral victory of El-Rufa’i and the peaceful conduct of the polls could not be quantified.
“We cannot thank the people enough for matching out across the State on Feb. 23 to “overwhelmingly re-elect President Muhammadu Buhari for another four year-term in office.
“I also wish to acknowledge the support of the people who overwhelmingly elected me to represent them in the Senate for Kaduna Central Zone.
“I remember having said that I will delay my celebration as Senator-elect until our indefatigable Governor and the architect of the accelerated reworking of modern Kaduna State, Mallam Nasiru El-Rufa’i got re-elected by our good people.
”Today, I can truly celebrate, for my joy is now complete with the affirmation by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of the huge votes you gave Mallam Nasiru El-Rufai to re-elect him the Governor of our beloved State of Kaduna.
“I am truly grateful to Almighty Allah and the good people of our State for this victory.
“Like anyone can attest to, our victory today and even the one of two weeks ago did not come easy.
“Agents of change and transformational leaders all over the world sometimes have to travel tortuous paths to truly achieve the liberation and emancipation of a people they love so much.
“The people of Kaduna State have again spoken all too loudly that they endorse our policies and Programmes to take them to the next level,” Sani said.
He assured the people that government would not take their love or the confidence they have reposed in them for granted.
“We have earned your trust and we intend to keep it. Kaduna shall remain home to all law-abiding citizens irrespective of creed, religion, ethnic, political and social inclinations.
Elections are over and we are completely poised to commence serving our people with all our strength and might, God helping us.
“Once again, we are extremely thankful to members and leaders of our great party, the APC. We urge our gallant party men and women to be magnanimous and graceful in victory.
“Like our President already admonished us, let us not gloat. With the development strides that Mallam El- Rufai has already begun, Kaduna will continue to comfortably accommodate all peace loving citizens of our great country,” Sani said.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA