Serie A has picked France’s Lazard to weigh the private equity bids for its broadcast rights business, two sources close to the matter said, as Italy’s top-flight soccer league looks at ways to weather the financial storm triggered by the novel coronavirus.
The league has received a series of bids from private equity investors- including CVC Capital Partners, Bain Capital and Advent- interested in buying a stake in a new company holding Serie A’s broadcast rights.
Lazard did not immediately respond to a request for a comment.
Edited By: Silas Nwoha (NAN)
- U.S visa ban: Nigeria has substantially met demands, says FG Committee
- United States agency warns against toxic hand sanitisers
- Andreescu will not defend United States Open title
- Serena beats Venus to reach Lexington quarter-finals
- Gov. Umahi rejects Ebonyi’s transfer to Police Zone 13 Division
- UN Chief welcomes Israel, UAE peace agreement
- Caretaker committee promises better times for Anambra football stakeholders, unveils new FA secretariat
- NAPHER-SD identifies loopholes in sports industry policy draft, calls for review
- COVID-19: PTF working with partners to implement comprehensive response to virus
- How I survived COVID-19 — Foreign Affairs Minister