NNN:">News”>NNN:: The Osun State Police Commissioner, Abiodun Ige, said on Saturday that three people had been arrested for blocking the Sabo road in Ile Ife during a protest over the vacant stool of Seriki of Hausa community in the town.
She said that those arrested were the ring leaders of the protest and warned that police would not tolerate any act of lawlessness in any part of the state.
Ige, who urged residents of the town to go about their lawful duties without any fear of molestation, said anyone with justifiable grievances should channel such to the appropriate quarters, without breach of public peace.
Nasiri said that people of the community had gone to the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, on Friday for the installation of some monarchs.
He, however, said that one of the contestants started mobilising people to start the trouble.
He, however, said that he was surprised when saw the road being barricaded on Saturday, adding that his call to the Ooni in-Council led to Oba Ogunwusi informing the security agencies to mobilise to Sabo.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that normalcy had since returned to the area.
Watch Live News
- COVID-19: Katsina Govt. lifts suspension on Friday prayers
- COVID-19: Police nab 2 pilots for allegedly violating restrictions on local flight in Rivers
- Golf-Immelman says Masters in November presents new challenge
- Police warn residents against violating restriction order in Niger
- Oyo govt. to establish energy centre to generate electricity
- Sanitize your mobile phone jackets as safeguard against COVID-19 pandemic, Doctor advises
- Nigeria records 16 fresh COVID-19 cases, as Katsina, Delta records first case
- COVID-19: Delta lawmaker distributes food items to contituents
- NiMet predicts thundery activities from Wednesday to Friday
- Group raises concerns over COVID-19 status of 35 Senators