Shell leads IOCs in Local Content- NCDMB
Yenagoa, April 7, 2019 The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) on Sunday recognized Shell as the most impactful International Oil Corporation (IOC) on Local Content Initiatives in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry.
Shell beat Total and ExxonMobil to the second and third positions at the 2nd edition of the fair organised by NCDMB.
The Executive Secretary of NCDMB, Mr. Simbi Wabote who presented the award, lauded Shell for support to local vendors and suppliers in the oil and gas industry.
Wabote said Shell’s patronage to indigenous firms had enabled greater participation of Nigerians in the oil and gas industry to service value chain.
Osagie Okunbo, Managing Director of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) and Country Chair, Shell Companies in Nigeria, received the award.
The Shell Nigeria Chair, described the recognition as an important acknowledgement of the work Shell companies continued to do in Nigerian content development.
“This award is a strong recognition of our leadership in the Nigerian content development space.
“Nigerian content development remains a very important step in our growth aspiration as Shell Companies in Nigeria roll out the next phase of major projects.” Okunbor said.
Shell’s Nigerian Content Development Manager, Olanrewaju Olawuyi, described the NOGOF award as well-earned, given the pioneering initiatives and strides by Shell companies in Nigeria.
According to him, the efforts have put the oil and gas industry in the hands of Nigerians.
“We are motivated by the award to continue to pursue in-country value addition in the oil and gas sector as this aligns with the government’s aspiration in local capacity development.
“The NOGOF award is a confirmation of the leadership position of Shell in local capacity development in the oil and gas industry.
“In 2018, Shell Companies were named the Local Content Operator of the Year at the Annual Oil Industry Achievement Awards Dinner of the Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN).
“In addition to awards from PETAN, Shell Companies in Nigeria have also been honoured for Nigerian content development by the Nigeria Oil and Gas Conference, the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE)
Other organizations that have recognized Shell include the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping and at the Social Enterprise Report and Awards.
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections