A 26-year-old shopkeeper, Lawrence Edodi, on Monday in Lagos admitted stealing his employer’s N340, 000.
Edodi, whose residential address was not provided, pleaded guilty to a count charge of stealing during arraignment before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court.
The prosecutor, Insp. Ingobo Emby, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence on June 15, at 10.30 a.m. at Orchid Hotel Road at Lekki in Lagos.
He said that the defendant stole N340, 000 belonging to his employer, Mr Edward Ekwong.
“The defendant stole the money kept in his care,” prosecutor said.
The alleged offence contravenes Section 287 (7) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The section provides for seven years’ imprisonment for stealing from one’s employer.
The Magistrate, Mr Aro Lambo, adjourned the case until July 3 for review of facts of the case and sentencing.
- Court sentences hairdresser to 3 months in prison for stealing shoes
- Gunmen kill 3 policemen in Kaduna LG
- Kaduna Govt takes over medical bills of woman locked up for 2 years by brother
- LUTH CMD reiterates commitment to efficient service delivery
- Housewife drags husband to court, seeks divorce over alleged rape
- MainOne’s CEO advocates broadband penetration for devt of digital economy
- APC heads to Appeal Court over disqualification of Deputy Governorship candidate
- Erdogan meets Trump at White House at testing time for U.S.-Turkey ties
- Nationwide Handball League: We’re confident of winning, says Anambra Coach
- Police recruitment: Court adjourns for PSC to respond to AGF’s application
- EU’s Juncker set to leave intensive care after aneurysm operation
- FRSC urges public to assist victims of road traffic crashes
- Man drags friend’s ex fiancée to court over alleged criminal intimidation, defamation
- Former Springboks coach Meyer steps down at Stade Francais
- Probably my best ever, says Thiem after Djokovic win
- Xhaka deserves respect, says former Arsenal skipper Vieira
- Group blames obsolete equipment for incessant collapse of national grid
- Gov. Ikpeazu urges Abia indigenes in South Africa to identify with state’s industrial revolution
- Court sentences truck driver to 2 years in prison for smuggling rice
- Bauchi Govt, MaxAir sign MOU on air transport services