Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) reported 642 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total confirmed cases in the country to 31,068.
Of the new cases, 99 percent are linked to known clusters, while the rest are pending contact tracing.
The number of new cases in the community has increased, from an average of five cases per day in the week before, to an average of seven per day in the past week. The number of unlinked cases in the community has also increased, from an average of one case per day in the week before, to an average of two per day in the past week. This is partly due to the active surveillance and screening of nursing home residents and pre-school staff, which have picked up more cases in the past week.
A total of 927 more cases of COVID-19 infection have been discharged from hospitals or community isolation facilities. In all, 13,882 have fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged from hospitals or community care facilities, the ministry said.
There are currently 711 confirmed cases who are still in hospital. Of these, most are stable or improving, and eight are in critical condition in the intensive care unit. 16,452 are isolated and cared for at community facilities. These are those who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still test positive for the COVID-19. A total of 23 people have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.
- China-Europe freight train delivers first batch of Russia’s frozen poultry meat
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, Forbes magazine now says
- Florida officials approve Walt Disney World reopening plans
- Roundup: Restaurants, hair salons allowed to reopen in LA amid rising COVID-19 cases
- Kyrgyzstan reports 60 new COVID-19 cases, 1,722 in total
- DPRK fully supports China’s decision on national security legislation for Hong Kong
- America’s Colorado sees second day of protests over killing of George Floyd
- Evacuation: Foreign airline whose country denies us landing right won’t be welcome here — House Committee
- Backgrounder: U.S. police brutality against African Americans
- Protesters take to downtown LA over killing of George Floyd for third consecutive day
- Violent protests over George Floyd’s death continue flaring up across U.S.
- U.S. Democratic lawmakers expand probe into firing of State Department inspector general
- UN calls for investigation into killing of 30 migrants in Libya
- New bridge under construction in Genoa, Italy
- Nigeria records 387 new cases of COVID-19, active cases now 6344
- S.Korea reports 39 more COVID-19 cases, 11,441 in total
- 17 more people tested positive for COVID-19 in Myanmar, 224 cases in total
- COVID-19 cases surpass 170,000 in India, death toll at 4971
- CDS’s death: General Court Martial sentences six aides in probe
- UNIFIL awards Chinese woman for exceptional role in peacekeeping in S. Lebanon