The Ogun Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says it has yet to recover the corpses of the victims six days after a bus plunged into Osaso river on Sagamu-Ijebu Ode Expressway on Wednesday.
Mr Clement Oladele, the Ogun Sector Commander of FRSC, made the disclosure in an Interview with the Nigeria News Agencyin Ota, Ogun, on Tuesday.
NAN reports that a vehicle with full load of passengers heading to Ijebu Ode from Sagamu plunged into Ososa River while attempting to overtake other vehicles on the bridge on Wednesday.
Oladele said that the continuous rainfall around Sagamu and Ijebu Ode had made the recovery of the corpses and bus difficult for the FRSC divers.
He said the level of water in the river had continue to rise above the normal level when there was no rain, adding that this hindered the rescue operation.
“We will continue to search for them to ensure that their corpses were recovered from the river,” he said.
He advised the people to enter buses at registered motor parks with manifest so that such information could be used to send messages to their relatives when accidents occur.
The FRSC boss also said that no relatives of the last week accident victims had reported that any of their family members were missing. (NAN)
(Editing by Peter Ejiofor)
- Group urges technical Committee to play strategic, advisory roles
- Commission calls for more commitment in gas economy to enhance revenue generation
- COVID-19: NGO expresses worry over non adherance to FG guidelines
- Recovered COVID-19 patient tests positive again in Hubei
- IYD 2020: NGO advocates friendly health policy for youths
- Belarus: 1,000 detained on third night of post-election protests
- Namibia’s road crashes, deaths drop amid COVID-19 restrictions
- FCTA demolishes 25 illegal structures
- Delta sets tough standards against examination malpractices
- Imperative of reviewing the law establishing the EFCC