Benin, Jan. 27, 2019 (NNN) The Commissioner of Police in Edo, Hakeem Odumosun, has said that the policeman killed by unknown gunmen in Benin on Saturday night was a member of a secret cult.
NNN had reported that a police officer, identified as Oisa Ehigie, was shot dead along Normayo/Sakponba road of Benin City.
It was also reported that the killing may not be unconnected with activities of secret cults that had claimed several lives in the city recently.
The commissioner said the slain officer was killed alongside two members of his cult group.
According to him, the slain policeman died while fighting on the side of his cult group against rival cult group.
“Three people were killed in the fight, the police officer and two others.
“I have gone to see his family. It is a cult killing and the officer is a cultist,” the CP said.
The commissioner, who said arrests have been made in relation to the killings, also said some guns had been recovered.
Odumosun said that there is no hiding place for cultists in Edo. (NNN)
Edited by Chioma Ugboma/Wale Ojetimi
- Ebonyi indigenes laud FG for establishing College of Education in Isu
- Court fixes June 3 to hear substantive suit filed by 31 deregistered political parties
- Expert seeks implementation of energy policy framework
- Volkswagen announces two-bln-euro investment in electric mobility in China
- Lagos Deputy Governor assures good governance in spite of COVID-19
- Roundup: COVID-19 cases in Asia-Pacific region continue to rise as India reports biggest daily jump of 7,466 new cases
- EU seeks tougher China policy ahead of possible summits
- Angola extends deadline of Port of Luanda terminal international tender
- Taiwan decriminalises adultery in human rights milestone
- Japan’s factory output drops to 7-year low in April due to virus outbreak
- Morocco’s former PM Abderrahmane Youssoufi dies at 96
- Ex-commissioner lauds Gov. Umahi’s achievements in Ebonyi
- Niger govt. inaugurates community policing advisory committee
- Court sentences Czech man to 26 months in prison for stealing pancakes during lockdown
- Democracy Day: Group tasks FG on security
- Volkswagen to invest €2bn in Chinese electric vehicle market
- 17 suspected sea pirates nabbed in Rivers
- UEFA likely to fast-track competitions in one venue, Getafe president says
- Ethiopian security forces committed 39 extrajudicial killings- Amnesty
- Senate President appoints Fema Special Assistant on Sports Development