Sonia Morales, wife of Nollywood actor Ik Ogbonna, on Thursday announced their official separation
Morales, who has been off social media for a while returned with a divorce letter to her husband on her instagram handle @sonialareinaa_official .
Below are extracts from the letter:
“This is a hard letter to write as I am pretty sure I will cry my way through this post.
“ I know I should have said all these a long time ago, but back then but I was just weak and could not think straight.
“This was because I was busy struggling to make things right in the best possible way within and even beyond my capacities.”
“A friend of mine asked me the other day if I had written a goodbye letter to my former life, my memories, my ex.
“When she brought the idea up, I got immediate chills and a touch of anxiety. I wonder why that is.”
“I used to have a very different life. I had a husband and a family. I had someone who lived here and I felt loved, full time. I had a future I was counting on.
IK Ogbonna and Sonia Morale
”A lifetime of companionship, family vacations, milestones, laughter, and love but all to no avail as I felt deflated for many years and now it’s all gone.”
“In the past, I have blogged about stuff as it comes up, but no real goodbyes yet.
“Many times I felt miserable on the inside and cried my life out day and night in my room alone but as time went on, I outgrew the reality and I was passing through the years.”
“I want to use this medium to thank my ex-husband for not prolonging the hardship and now I have to face the world on my own. Our son will forever be a representation of you in my life.
”Thank you for the lessons you taught me over the years. I wasn’t sure what to write, who to write to or what my angle will be but I know, who I need to say goodbye to, know with certainty.”
“Lastly, without hate or animosity, I look back at the past five years and all I can do is thank you. Thank you for the good times, for the hard times.
”Thank you for helping to shape the strong person I am today and for being a part of my life for a small slice of time,” she said.
The last time Sonia gave everyone a hint that her marriage had already packed up was when she appealed to people to stop praying for it work…this was the missing link to the puzzle.
However, earlier in the year, IK Ogbonna had announced that he wasn’t divorced or separated from his wife.
The estranged couple got married in 2015 and have a son, Ace.
Ikechukwu Mitchel Ogbonna, professionally known as Ik ogbonna, is a Nigerian film and television actor, model, director and TV personality.
Reacting to the separation, Actress Yvonne Jegede wrote: @iamyvonnejegede: “Sonia, I know how you must have felt to write this. But girl, I wish you all the best. Love your energy, love your spirit.”
Also Tonto Dikeh had something to say; @tontolet: “You a rep that crown honey. We love you”
- Wrongful death trial over ‘Walking Dead’ stuntman begins
- Israeli parliament set to dissolve itself, head into third elections
- House Democrats announce 2 articles of impeachment against Trump
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members