Sporting activities cardinal to surveyors’ job – Surveyor-General
Abuja, March 12, 2019 The Surveyor-General of the Federation (SGOF) Mr Ebisintei Awudu, says sporting activities are fundamental to surveyors’ job.
Awudu said this while commending winners of the 2018 Federation of Public Service Games Association (FEPSGA) on Tuesday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the OSGOF contingents won one gold medal, five silver medal and one bronze medal.
According to him, it is important for surveyors to embark on sporting activities to keep them fit and alert base on the nature of their job.
“I am passionate for sports; as surveyors sports are meant to keep you alerts, sports should be encouraged and embarked on always.”
He called on other surveyors, who are not part of the OSGOF sports club, to join and engage in any game of their choice.
He assured the club of his support and promised to look into the issue of providing more sport kit, adding that the support should not be abused.
Awudu said more sports should be added to the existing ones embark on by the office; “We want a good representation in all other games.”
The Sport Manager, OSGOF Sports club, Mr Ben Fakrogha, said that the team worked so hard to win the medals and needs to be encouraged.
He appealed to the surveyor-general to provide more kits and support for the club.
Mr Ayuba Bello representative of OSGOF at the event thanked God for a successful participation, adding that there was no major accident by participants.
He said the team would start preparing for the next competition, saying that all encouragement should be extended to them.
- Nigeria stock market advances by N26bn
- Insecurity: Buhari calls for synergy among security agencies heads
- Gov Sule promises justice for family of 3-month-old baby raped in Nasarawa
- Troops deactivate 25 illegal refineries, impound 342,000 ltrs of AGO in South-South
- COVID-19: CACOVID targets 10m people with palliatives worth N23bn
- PenCom initiates process to review 2014 Pension Reform Act
- North West farmers back to work amid troops operations –DHQ
- AFAN wants FG to establish commodity board to mop-up excess farm produce
- Kwara govt. pledges to reposition Aviation College, inaugurates visitation panel
- Ekiti court dissolves 11-year-old marriage on grounds of threats to life, others