A 40-year-old man, Abubakar Bello, who allegedly allowed a defendant to escape, on Wednesday appeared in a Grade I Area Court, Karshi, Abuja.
The police charged Bello, who resides at Kurudu, Abuja, with screening of an offender, an offence he denied committing.
The Prosecution Counsel, Ayotunde Adeyanju, told the court that a written petition against the defendant was received at the Karu Police Area Command, Abuja on April 14.
In the course of police investigation, he alleged that Abubakar, (the offender) was released to the defendant on police administrative bail.
The offence, he said, contravened and is punishable under Section 167 of the Penal Code Law.
The judge, Anas Isah, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N2m with two reliable sureties in like sum.
Isah adjourned the case until July 31, for hearing.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business