A 40-year-old man, Abubakar Bello, who allegedly allowed a defendant to escape, on Wednesday appeared in a Grade I Area Court, Karshi, Abuja.
The police charged Bello, who resides at Kurudu, Abuja, with screening of an offender, an offence he denied committing.
The Prosecution Counsel, Ayotunde Adeyanju, told the court that a written petition against the defendant was received at the Karu Police Area Command, Abuja on April 14.
In the course of police investigation, he alleged that Abubakar, (the offender) was released to the defendant on police administrative bail.
The offence, he said, contravened and is punishable under Section 167 of the Penal Code Law.
The judge, Anas Isah, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N2m with two reliable sureties in like sum.
Isah adjourned the case until July 31, for hearing.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Nubian ibexes seen in Mitzpe Ramon, southern Israel
- “Meet Vincent van Gogh” exhibition to reopen to public in Lisbon
- UN Security Council extends mandates of missions in Somalia, Iraq, Darfur
- UN rights body stresses need to combat stigmatization in COVID-19 fight, supports WHO’s leading role
- Havertz goal gives Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 win at Freiburg
- U.S. city Minneapolis imposes curfew amid violent protests over death of black man
- Gov. Makinde completes 307 projects in 1year, 236 others ongoing
- Chinese UN envoy urges U.S., Britain to immediately stop interfering in Hong Kong affairs
- Leicester manager says he caught coronavirus but has recovered
- Trump’s plan to cut ties with WHO “awful decision”: Irish minister
- Gov. Obiano inaugurates 16-member committee for public procurements
- EU grants Morocco 172 mln USD amid COVID-19 pandemic
- AfDB: Obasanjo, Jonathan, 13 other African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Brazilian Economy Ministry predicts greater GDP decline in second quarter
- English Premier League says using “home and away’’ venues remains its wish
- Police deploy 5,200 personnel for LG polls in Benue
- Federer is world’s highest-paid athlete, Forbes says
- La Liga season returns on June 11
- U.S. Illinois reopens as “stay-at-home” order ends
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 2 Indians