unknown persons, suspected to be hoodlums, have allegedly attacked the All Progressives Congress (APC) Secretariat in Zamfara and destroyed property worth million of Naira including billboards, posters and windows.
Briefing newsman on Wednesday in Gusau, Abdullahi Tsafe, the Chairman of the Security Committee of the party, said that the attacks were carried out on Monday and Tuesday.
Tsafe, who is a retired Commissioner of Police, said that apart from the state Secretariat at the bypass Gusau, the Central Zonal office of the party and other offices across the state were also attacked.
He decried the action and said that the party had since alerted the police over the matter.
“I believe they must have acted on it by now”.
“If our members reacted to that it would create problem, but APC as law abiding political party, we always caution our members to be law abiding and shun political violence,” he said.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Muhammad Shehu confirmed the incident to newsmen.
Shehu said that the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Usman Nagogo had already visited the scenes of the incident.
“The command has already commenced investigation on the matter and promised to deal with any body found wanting on the matter,” he added.
- National Assembly mulls passage of 2020 budget Nov. 28
- Army commences exercise crocodile smile lV in Ondo
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault