Some suspected ritualists at Ricoto village in Zuru Local Government Areas of Kebbi State have slaughtered a five-year-old girl, residents and the police have confirmed.
Mallam Sani Rikoto, a resident of the village who narrated the incident to News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Birnin Kebbi, said the girl was asleep outside their compound with her parents and grandmother, when she was abducted and killed.
According to Rikoto, the grandmother work up from sleep and raised alarm the moment she noticed that the girl was missing.
“When the suspects heard the grandmother shouting the girl’s name repeatedly they dropped her and ran away, but they had already killed her,” he said.
He added that a team from the community launched an immediate search of the locality to apprehend the killers, but without success.
NAN learnt that though the incident occured about two weeks ago, up to now neither the police nor the villagers were able to trace the killers.
The Public Relations Officer in Kebbi, DSP Nafiu Abubakar, who confirmed the incident, said that investigation was ongoing on the matter.
- Fintiri mourns ex-gov., Juta, declares 3 days mourning
- A’ Ibom Govt. sensitises 948 flood prone coastal villages
- UAE donates 7.5 tonnes of medical supplies to Nigerian Govt.
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest
- Ondo State governorship election: APC inaugurates national campaign council
- Number of migrants landing in Italy more than doubles in past year
- Sodomy: NAPTIP arrests labourer for luring 12 children in Sokoto