The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Adanyi tendered his resignation on Tuesday via a letter dated April 10, and addressed to the clerk of the house.
In the letter, Adanyi stated that by the provision of Section 108 (2) of the Constitution, he could no longer continue as a member of the house after his confirmation by the Senate as representative of the North-Central in the North-East Development Commission.
Adanyi regretted that he would have been excited to announce his resignation during plenary but the political intrigues had robbed the 8th assembly of that legislative comradeship.
He, however, appreciated the members for the support given to him while he served as the majority leader.
Adanyi alongside seven other members of the house including former Speaker, Mr Terkimbi Ikyange, were suspended in 2018 for attempting to impeach Gov. Samuel Ortom.
Adanyi is the first member of the house to resign since the creation of the Benue state in 1976.
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings