Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has advised Muslim faithful to sustain the spirit of sacrifice and sanctity practised during the Ramadan.
The governor’s advice was contained in his Eid-el-Fitri message made available to newsmen in Akure on Saturday by Mr Olusegun Ajiboye, hisv Chief Press Secretary.
Akeredolu, in his message, said that although the holy month had ended, Muslims should ensure that they adhered to the spirit of love and sharing they exhibited all through the Ramadan.
“The Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, congratulates Muslim faithful in the state on the successful completion of the 2020 Ramadan fasting.
“The governor urges the Muslim community to abide by the lessons learnt from the one-month fasting exercise.
“Akeredolu thanks the Muslim faithful for their unwavering support to his administration, particularly their understanding and support of all government’s actions and directives aimed at containing the Coronavirus pandemic.
“While noting that his administration is committed to the development of the state, which he says is our common heritage, he calls on Muslims to pray for the state and the nation to overcome the challenge of the deadly Coronavirus pandemic,” it said.
Edited By: Vivian (NAN) Ihechu/Mufutau Ojo)
- Palliative: Kano Govt denies destroying FG foodstuff
- Afghanistan begins freeing 900 Taliban prisoners, urges truce extension
- APA wants forensic examination of election materials in Enugu South LGA
- Leipzig Captain Poulsen out with ligament injury
- Global film festival aims to bridge coronavirus distances
- Real Madrid forward, Bale, questions critics of golf hobby
- Katsina Gov’t investigates causes of unusual rise in death rate
- LIRS further extends deadline for filing Annual Tax Returns to June 30
- Man United in talks with Ighalo’s club over Nigerian star’s future
- Kano Govt. clarifies on ongoing work at Sani Abatcha isolation centre
- Ondo 2020: No automatic ticket for Agboola — PDP
- Zoho offers guidance on right software for non technology companies
- Forensic Audit: NDDC 2019 budget was padded with over 500 fake projects – MD
- ACCI calls for stronger Nigeria-India economic relations
- UNECA encourages Africa to invest on digital transformation
- Sanwo-Olu commiserates with New Telegraph over editor’s death
- EEDC warns against obstruction of power line, condoles with family of Nnewi electrocution victim
- France reports more than 28,500 coronavirus deaths
- Gov. Matawalle appoints new Emir of Kaura Namoda
- COVID-19: NCDC activates additional 2 labs, bringing total to 28