The Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation and the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) have renewed their partnership to offer the audience quality sports programmes and promote sports development in the state.
Alhaji Kayode Aremu, the General Manager of Radio Kwara, made this known while receiving the state executive members of SWAN, led by its Chairman, Jimoh Bashir at the Broadcasting House, Ilorin on Tuesday,
He expressed his determination to improve sports programming in the station.
Aremu who recalled his days at Radio Kwara, as the first staff to cover sporting events outside the state, promised to support the staff of the Corporation by bringing up live sporting events, for the pleasure of listeners.
He said that the Corporation was undergoing restructuring in all its operations with the introduction of new technology to drive the process.
Speaking earlier, the SWAN boss congratulated the general manager on his appointment.
Bashir solicited for the continued support of the Corporation for sports writers in their task of promoting sports development in the state.
Edited By: Bola Akingbehin/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
- Kano Varsity promotes 17 lecturers to professors, associate professors
- KEKE Senior Grammar School, others excel in Y2020 Goveŕnors quiz competition
- Maximising the benefits of breastfeeding during COVID-19 pandemic
- Ministries of Defence, Enviroment to synergise on protection of N’Delta environment
- Sanwo-Olu pledges to revitalise agric sector
- SUNU Assurances declares N1.2bn profit
- Kogi acting CJ pledges to sustain late Ajanah’s legacies
- Abia stakeholders pass vote of no confidence in Rep. Nkole over alleged poor performance
- Edo election: Security council condemns violence – Obaseki, CP
- PDP governors’ forum urges security agencies to re-strategise to curb insecurity