The Taraba House of Assembly on Tuesday, screened all the 23 commissioner nominees by Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba.
Mr Albasu Kunini, Speaker of the House, described all the nominees as men and women of proven character.
Kunini, the newly elected Speaker, said that the prompt attention given to the exercise was due to the demand for the constitution of a state executive cabinet that would steer governance in the state.
NAN reports that the House considered former legislators who were among the nominees first.
The House also asked other nominees to formally identify themselves and were asked to bow and take a leave.
Ishaku earlier nominated 23 commissioners and forwarded their names to the House for consideration.
Edited & Vetted By: Razak Owolabi/Dada Ahmed
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls
- UCL: Ronaldo brace not enough as Olympique Lyon knock out Juventus
- UCL:Man City eliminate Real Madrid after Varane nightmare
- Resumption: Kogi govt. tasks heads of schools on conducive environment
- Kano Varsity promotes 17 lecturers to professors, associate professors
- KEKE Senior Grammar School, others excel in Y2020 Goveŕnors quiz competition