A 13-year-old boy, Anas Basiru, has died in an open water at Sauna in Nassarawa Local Government Area of Kano State, according to the Kano State Fire Service.
Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, the Public Relations Officer of the organisation, made this disclosure in a statement he issued on Thursday in Kano.
Mohammed said that the incident occurred on Wednesday.
“We received a distress call from one Mallam Haruna Musa at about 4:p.m. that Basiru’s body was found floating in the open water.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene at 4:10p.m.
“He was handed over to the security personnel on behalf of the family,” the PRO said.
Muhammed further explained that the state fire service had received 97 distress calls from different parts of the state within the last two weeks.
He noted that the calls were in respect of collapsed buildings and fire disasters.
The PRO in his breakdown, said that 14 were received for fire incidents, 37 calls for rescue, five for false alarms, 39 lives were lost while two lives were saved.
Mohammed, therefore, advised the general public to always be cautious of the use of electrical appliances and to disconnect them from power sources when they were not in use.
He also charged the public to avoid storing petrol and other inflammable substances at homes and shops.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Yemi Idris-Aduloju (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse