A teenager, Adewale Olabisi on Monday in Osun pleaded guilty to stealing a Samsung Edge and a Samsung Galaxy.
Nineteen-year-old Olabisi, whose address was not provided, admitted guilt before Magistrate A. A. Adebayo in Ile-Ife.
Adebayo remanded the teenager in custody pending review of the facts of the case and sentencing.
The magistrate adjourned the case until July 30 for the review.
According to the prosecutor, Sgt. Adesina Elijah, Olabisi committed the offence sometime in June at Mayfair Area of Ile-Ife.
Elijah said that Olabisi unlawfully had the phones in his possession and could not give a satisfactory account of how he got them.
He said that the value of the phones was yet to be ascertained.
Elijah noted that stealing contravened Section 430 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The defendant was not legally represented in court.
Edited By: Joe Idika/Ijeoma Popoola (NAN)
- Andreescu will not defend United States Open title
- Serena beats Venus to reach Lexington quarter-finals
- Gov. Umahi rejects Ebonyi’s transfer to Police Zone 13 Division
- UN Chief welcomes Israel, UAE peace agreement
- Caretaker committee promises better times for Anambra football stakeholders, unveils new FA secretariat
- NAPHER-SD identifies loopholes in sports industry policy draft, calls for review
- COVID-19: PTF working with partners to implement comprehensive response to virus
- How I survived COVID-19 — Foreign Affairs Minister
- Leipzig stun Atletico Madrid to reach Champions League last four
- Workshop identifies harmful impacts of Global Gag Rule on developing nations