The Pakistan Air Force has promised to further strengthen its partnership with the Nigerian Air Force in the ongoing fight against terrorism and other forms of criminality in the country.
Air Chief Marshal Mujahi Khan, the Chief of the Air Staff of Pakistan gave the assurance when he visited his Nigerian counterpart, Air Chief Marshal Sadiq Abubakar, in Abuja.
A statement by Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, the spokesman of the Nigerian Air Force on Tuesday, said Khan spoke when he paid a visit to Abubakar.
The Pakistani air chief also stated the partnership would stretch to areas of equipment and spares acquisition, research and development.
Khan said that the Nigeria military stands to benefit from the experiences of Pakistan in battling insurgency for over two decades in overcoming its current security challenges.
He said the Pakistan air force should be seen as a dependable partner.
Khan commended his counterpart for his visionary and focused leadership of the NAF in the counter insurgency operations in Nigeria.
Earlier, Abubakar described Khan’s visit as a demonstration of commitment of partnership between the two countries’ Air Forces.
He noted that the Pakistan air force played significant role in the successes being recorded in the theatre of operation in the North East.
Abubakar recalled that the PAF had provided the NAF with four Super Mushshak trainer aircraft along with instructor pilots and technical crew.
He also said that NAF personnel had been trained in various specialties in Pakistan, with some currently undergoing training there. (NAN)
Edited by Johnson Eyiangho/Ismail Abdulaziz
- Lightning strikes kill 27 in Pakistan
- Refugees commission partners with Rochas foundation to build schools in IDPs camps
- Nigerian artist, Njideka Akunyili-Crosby makes 2019 Time’s ‘100 Next’ list
- Police assure of adequate security ahead of Bayelsa poll
- Israel resumes strikes on Gaza
- WHO supports Nigeria’s legislative network to achieve UHC
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu