The Police on Thursday, arraigned three men before a Karimo Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, for allegedly stealing a container worth N1million.
The defendants: Bitrus Ibrahim, a carpenter; Idris Ashiru and Isiaka Aremu, both traders, who are residents of Godab Estate Life Camp, Abuja, are being tried on a two-count charge of joint act and theft.
The Prosecutor, Ijeoma Ukagha, told the court that the complainant, Adeniyi Omotunde, a staff of Opinior Engineering Co. Ltd, reported the matter at Life Camp Police Station on April 27.
Ukagha alleged that the defendants conspired among themselves and stole the container from the premises of the company.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened the provisions of Sections 79 and 287 of the Penal Code.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate, Inuwa Maiwada, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N400, 000 each with one surety each in like sum and adjourned the case until June 17, for further hearing.
- NIS inaugurates e-registration of foreign nationals in Sokoto
- Nasarawa Speaker hails Gov Sule’s victory at Appeal Court
- Stakeholders to converge on Abuja for UHC Nov. 13 – Sen Oloriegbe
- Minister says sanitation crisis if allowed may undermine SDG 2030
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recovering after surgery
- Unity Colleges: Federal Ministry of Education calls on principals to step up leadership roles
- FCT board to begin 10 days measles, Meningitis `A’ vaccination on Nov. 16
- Macron right on EU membership rules, says North Macedonian president
- S. Africa ready for e-visa system to attract more tourists
- Uganda’s Magala talks tough as Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship gets underway in Abuja
- Lagos Government pledges patronage of local boat manufacturers
- Minister harps on evolving science, technologies to improve innovations
- Police task hoteliers on security measures during Yuletide
- I will recover Bayelsa’s looted funds if voted –DPC governorship candidate
- Borno bans illegal motor parks to curb crimes
- Hundreds of traders protest demolition of Ikosi/Isheri market in Lagos
- INEC ready for Kogi,Bayelsa poll says Chairman
- Progressive governance involves provision of education, jobs, healthcare – Osinbajo
- Minimum wage: Labour tasks legislature on implementation in Kwara
- Ondo State Govt. to partner with NGOs on sports development