Ticket sales for 2020 Tokyo Games open to Japan residents
The procedure got off to a shaky start as the official ticketing website opened at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Potential spectators eager to secure tickets overloaded the website, causing delays in accessing the site, logging in and lengthy processing times.
Those to purchase tickets on the website for the Games from July 24 to August 9 are allowed to register 30 first and 30 second choices for events they wish to see.
The cap is set at 30 tickets per person, the organisers said.
Following the registration period for the lottery, the results will be announced on June 20, the organisers said.
This follows a new law coming into effect from June 14, banning ticket scalping in an attempt to quash attempts by ticket touts to sell overly-priced tickets.
Prices for tickets have been fixed by the organisers so that most budgets can be catered to, with the cheapest tickets starting from about 22 U.S. dollars.
Tickets are also available for the opening and closing ceremonies.
From the autumn period of 2019, people who were unsuccessful in the lottery will be able to try and secure tickets on a first-come, first serve basis.
- National Assembly mulls passage of 2020 budget Nov. 28
- Army commences exercise crocodile smile lV in Ondo
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault