The Jam’iyyatu Ansaridden Attijjaniyya, an Islamic sect plans to hold Maulud celebration in Abuja on Nov. 9, the National Secretary of the sect, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Qasim, has said.
Al-Qasim made the disclosure on Wednesday in Abuja
while fielding questions from journalists ahead of the procession to mark the birth of Prophet Muhammad.
He called on the sect followers to observe the day with utmost decorum and be law abiding during the procession, and the recitation of the Holy Qur’an.
The national secretary advised the followers not to hold processions in states where there has been a ban on any kind of procession due to security concerns.
He stressed that the sect celebrates the Maulud every year because ”Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is a blessing to every Muslim and humanity in general.”
According to him, other Muslims criticising the celebration of the Prophet’s birthday were uninformed and misled.
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- LASWA partners food, beverage coys on removal of debris on waterways
- Kenya’s lending cap repeal removes hurdle to rate cut – cenbank governor
- Taiwan to take delivery of 66 F-16 fighter jets from U.S by 2026
- Swine flu kills fourth person in Vietnam in 2019
- South Africa’s Telkom in deal talks despite plunging profit
- Combination of mushroom extracts boosts immune system – Aussie research
- Visa to acquire stake in Nigeria’s Interswitch
- Egypt’s central bank seen making third straight cut to key rates – Survey
- Oil prices gain as market awaits signals on U.S.-China trade talks
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers