As of 9:15 a.m., the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average gained 113.42 points, or 0.52 percent, from Friday to 21,991.31.
The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, meanwhile, added 3.88 points, or 0.25 percent, at 1,567.55.
Metal product, air transportation and securities house-linked issues comprised those that gained the most in the opening minutes after the morning bell.
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Lunguda/Waja unrest: Adamawa deputy governor calls for peace
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies