The Nasarawa State Government says it will construct an 18km road to open up the Farin Ruwa waterfalls to tourists.
Gov. Abdullahi Sule said this while addressing national officials of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) led by its National President, Ejezie Emeka Rollas, who paid him a courtesy call at the Government House in Lafia on Wednesday.
Sule said his administration had just obtained quotations for the job and would award the contract in order to open up the area for tourism, showcase the abundant natural endowments of the state and boost internally generated revenue.
On the significance of the film industry to national development, the governor noted that throughout the developed world, the film industry had always been a partner to government, especially in countries that had challenges and crisis such as Nigeria.
“I had the opportunity to see Niagara Falls and in Nasarawa State, if you go to a place called Farin Ruwa, you will think you’re actually at Niagara Falls.
“A lot of people don’t know something like that exists,” Sule said.
The governor urged the AGN to take advantage of the tourism potentials of Farin Ruwa to establish a film village in the area.
He pledged to approach wealthy philanthropists like Alhaji Aliko Dangote and Chief Tony Elumelu, among others, to facilitate setting up a film village at Farin Ruwa.
Sule also promised to partner with the guild towards educating the people on the activities of government.
Earlier, the national president of AGN said they were in the state to identify with the governor’s transformational agenda, especially youths empowerment, which would make the state strong and prosperous.
Rollas sought partnership of the state government on the use of films to showcase activities of government, while urging the governor to create enabling environment for the guild to carry out its activities in the state.
He said the guild was poised to discover and empower teeming youths of the state who were interested in the entertainment industry.
The AGN national president was accompanied on the visit by renowned Nollywood and Kannywood actors, including Alhaji Sani Danja; Blessing Audu; Nasarawa state Chairman of the AGN, Dr Alex Osifo; Chief Zeburdaya, and Keppi Ekpenyong Bassey.
- Resign, aggrieved APC NEC members tell Oshiomhole
- INAC 2019: Culture agency provides free skills training
- Friendly environment: Minister urges public-private sector collaboration
- Why God’s ways remain unpredictable, incomprehensible – Don
- Air Chief pleased with maintenance progress on Alpha Jets In NAF Base
- EU tasks AU on solidarity, unity for AfCFTA to succeed
- Town Hall meeting stakeholders advocate interface reps
- Webber donates N9m sports facilities to alma mater
- Lawmaker lays foundation for block of six classrooms in Badagry
- Kwara Govt. tasks new NURTW executives on peace, unity
- Customs Comptroller-General to sack officers living above earnings
- NIS begins E-passport, biometric visa issuance in Japan
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court
- Drug situation in Nigeria, public health crisis — Health Minister
- NSE All-Share Index rises by 0.44%
- Healthcare delivery: Gov. Bagudu seeks better physicians, policy makers’ synergy
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending