A traditionalist, Dada Oluwafemi, accused of cheating his client of N635, 000 for ”speacial prayer”, on Wednesday appeared in a Grade I Area Court, Nyanya, Abuja.
Oluwafemi, 39, who reside at No 11, Ajalomi Str., Abraka, Delta State, is charged with two counts of criminal breach of trust and cheating.
The Prosecutor, Fidelix Ogube, told the court that Mr Ernest Mmadu of FHA Lugbe, Abuja, reported the matter at Garki Police Station on July 24, 2017.
Ogube told the court that sometime in July 2017, Oluwafemi spoke with Mmadu , who claimed to a Pastor.
He alleged that the defendant during conversation with the complainant, convinced him that he had a ”spiritual problem.”
The prosecutor said that the complainant withdrew N 635, 000 from the bank and gave it to the defendant to pray on it.
”While pretending to be reciting the special prayer, the defendant took off with the bag full of money,” he said.
Ogube said that during police investigation the defendant was tracked down and arrested at Ninth Mile, Enugu state.
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 312 and 322 of the Penal Code.
After the charge was read to Oluwafemi, he pleaded guilty.
The judge, Mr Abdullahi Ogedengbe, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N 50, 000 with a reliable surety in like sum.
Ogedengbe ordered that the surety must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.
He adjourned the case until June 18 for hearing.
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls