Transport University: Daura community expresses excitement, commends FG
Katsina, Dec. 2, 2019 The indigenes of Daura, Katsina on Monday, expressed excitement at the groundbreaking/construction of the University of Transport in their community, Nigeria News Agency reports.
Some members of the community told NAN in separate interviews that the construction of an additional higher institute of learning in the town was long overdue.
Alhaji Ahmad Diddiri, the Galadima of Daura, said other than the secondary schools, the community had only one higher institution, the College of Legal Studies.
Diddiri said: “Education means power basically and the government has put in so much effort to build sufficient education for our people.
”Now, this is another big development for our people, having a university at our door step. We will be able to have more graduates, more trained people in our community and country.
”This is not only for Daura area alone. Our aspiration is for our children to not only be educated but smarter; they should know how to behave.”
He further said the institution would alleviate suffering of the people in the community and reduce the cost of acquiring knowledge.
Mr Yusuf Ibrahim said the institution would boost the income and economy of the people of the state and its environs.
Mr Shuaibu brahim, said it was a thing of joy that the state would be privileged to have a specialised University.
He then thanked Amaechi for the initiative saying that it would benefit not only the people of the state but the nation as a whole.
Mr Abubakar Abubakar said: there is going to be more income for the people around the area and more of our people are going to be educated.
”Our people will be more empowered and basically it will translate to a better way of life for our children.”
Edited & Vetted By: Donald Ugwu
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes
- Sudan: Al-Bashir questioned over 1989 coup that brought him to power
- FG launches N46.83bn agric. scheme in 9 oil producing states
- Zambia gov’t says ready for talks to abolish death penalty
- Oyo govt. reinstates 300 sacked workers
- CBi launches National Integrity Barometer to tackle corruption