The Edo National and State Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Benin on Tuesday fixed June 10, for hearing in the petition filed by Zubairu Dada Abubakar of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Abubukar is challenging the election of Mr Ganiyu Audu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Etsako-West I Constituency in the Edo State House of Assembly.
At the sitting, counsel to Abubakar, Mr R. Isenalumhe, informed the tribunal that his client planned to call 22 witnesses in the nine units being challenged.
Counsel to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mr N. Okon, said he would call two witnesses but other witnesses might be subpoenaed.
The APC through its counsel, Mr M.I Afalokhai, said it would call 19 witnesses and one other on subpoena.
Counsel to Audu, Mr C.I Aiguobaruoghian, said his client would call 19 witnesses and two others on subpoena.
The Tribunal Chairman, Justice O. Ogundana, warned that there would no extension of time beyond the 14 days allotted to the parties to call their witnesses.
Ogundana stressed that any witness found to be repeating evidence would be stopped.
- COVID19: PTF to conclude assessment in 70 hours
- Sokoto, other attacks: Buhari directs fierce military operations
- Lagos Govt. to begin construction of Fashion Hub, Academy in Ikorodu
- May 29: PMB, Gov. Sule addressing developmental challenges – Speaker
- Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 13km Abakpa-Emene link road
- Facebook German privacy case referred to European Court
- Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 13-kilometre road in Enugu East council
- Lagos govt says Lekki Free Trade Zone exported $30m goods in one year
- 8.5m Nigerians suffering from hearing impairment – Expert
- Menstrual Hygiene Day: Stakeholders want misconceptions, myths removed
- Ebonyi Govt confirms re-arrest of escaped COVID-19 patient
- Hydrological Agency says 28 states at risk of flooding
- Delta govt. records 51 COVID-19 cases, lauds media support
- Security: Gov. Masari inaugurates Katsina State Community Policing Advisory Committee
- Abiodun assures Ogun residents of provision of houses
- Ease of Doing Business: Lagos adopts digital physical planning reforms
- Buhari’s Executive Orders are aimed at complementing existing legislations – Malami
- COVID-19: Police Command warns Oyo State residents against non-adherence to directives.
- Osun CJ releases 13 inmates of Ile-Ife Correctional Centre
- Gov. Akeredolu gives N47.6m car loan to primary school teachers in Ondo