The Kano State House of Assembly Re-run Election Petition Tribunal on Friday, nullified the election of Magaji Zarewa (APC-Rogo State Constituency).
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Jibril Falgore, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), petitioned the court challenging the declaration of the APC’s Zarewa, as winner of the January 25 re-run election.
The three-man panel led by the Chairman, Justice A.M. Yakubu, in a unanimous judgment nullified the election of Zarewa on the grounds that he failed to resign from his position as the Director, Kano State Drugs and Consumable Supply Agency, 30-days to the election.
The tribunal declared petition, Falgore of the PDP, as the duly elected member representing Rogo State Constituency.
The court also ordered the Clerk of the House to swear in Falgore, as the elected member representing Rogo State Constituency.
Counsel to the petitioner, Mr Ibrahim Waru, had earlier told the court that Zarewa lacked the competence and qualifications to contest the re-run Rogo State Constituency election.
Waru prayed the court to nullify the election of Zarewa, arguing that the respondent did not resign from his position as the Director, Kano State Drugs and Consumable Supply Agency, 30-days to the election.
Edited By: Chidi Opara (NAN)
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others
- COVID-19: FG warns as recorded deaths approach 1,000
- Minister task agencies on research patents
- Police vows to bring killers of Gov. Obiano’s aide to book
- Gov. Sule urges Nasarawa Central lawmaker-elect to be magnanimous in victory
- Old girls’ association renovates staff room for Enugu school
- Quarantine service, Cowpea association collaborate to address weak link in beans value chain
- 774,000 FG/NDE Jobs are only for unskilled, semi-skilled youths – Committee Chairman