Troops of Special Army Super Camp 4, Faskari, operating under Exercise Sahel Sanity have eliminated 46 bandits in an encounter at Yar Gamji town in the Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, in a statement on Tuesday said the encounter took place on July 6, following a distress call from the community.
Enenche said the troops conducted the operation shortly after their induction into operation by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, during the 2020 Nigerian Army Day Celebration.
He said the troops engaged the criminals and neutralised 46 bandits in the encounter, while others escaped with gunshot wounds.
According to him, the troops are presently in exploitation phase and have dominated the general area with aggressive patrols.
“The general public is enjoined to disregard news making the rounds in some online media giving unsubstantiated and false information on the incident.
“The chief of army staff congratulates the troops for their swift response and gallantry,” Enenche said. NAN
Edited By: Shuaib Sadiq/Silas Nwoha (NAN)
- United States health secretary meets Taiwan’s leader, praises pandemic response
- Kwara Govt. lauds ophthalmologists for assisting blue-eyed family
- Malaysia’s chief diplomat fined for vaping in parliament
- Israel strikes Hamas post in response to incendiary balloons
- Sri Lanka re-opens schools amid COVID-19 caution
- NMA condemns disruption of election in Enugu
- Skills acquisition : Dangote refinery group, NDE train 200 Ibeju-Lekki youths
- Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung erupts for third time in a week
- Petroleum tankers drivers begin strike
- 4 drown in dangerous currents on Dutch coast