The Comptroller-General, Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Mr Muhammad Babandede has said that criminals would no longer have easy access to the country as NIS have gotten access to Interpol database information.
Babandede said this at the August edition of Lunch Time Reform Seminar organised by the Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR) on Thursday in Abuja.
He said that having access to the interpol database information was an opportunity for NIS to track and prevent any criminal wanted globally from entering or doing business in Nigeria.
The comptroller general also spoke on activities of cyber criminals and advised Nigerians to desist from patronising fake recruitment sites as the Service was not recruiting.
”This notice became necessary due to the increasing activities of fraudsters that have remained unrepentant.
“After several arrests and arraignment they continue to open fake recruitment sites through which they defraud unsuspecting citizens of their money,” he said.
Ibrahim Arabi, Director General, BPSR, noted that NIS have implemented most of the recommendations by BPSR which has translated into improvement in quality of service delivered by the organisation.
Arabi noted that the essence of the seminar was to share experiences, expose participants to internationally accepted best practices and equip each other to be better placed in driving reforms in various Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
The director general said it was now more obvious that traditional government structures and systems were no longer suitable to meet the demands, desires and challenges of complex global economies.
He therefore said that to effectively accomplish targets, day-to-day government business should no longer rely on conventional approaches.
“Hence there is need to leverage on ICT to plan and execute government policies, programmes and projects,” he said.
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- Waste managers pledge to upgrade disposal trucks for better service
- Police nab man for allegedly killing neighbour with Dane gun in Niger
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges