A 30-year-old truck driver working for Fafem Haulage Nig Ltd., Kelly Osang, who allegedly stole his employer’s Maltoma drinks valued at N181,305 and damaged 350 packs of Malta Guiness drinks worth N1, 225, 000, on Friday appeared at an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court, Lagos State.
Osang, who address was not provided, is charged with conspiracy, willful damage and stealing.
The Prosecutor, ASP Kehinde Ajayi, told the court that Osang committed the offences on July 6 at Abule Egba in Lagos State.
She alleged that the defendant stole the said Maltina pet drinks after he had delivered some products to some customers.
She also alleged that the defendant willfully damaged 350 packs of Malta Guines’s drinks as a result of his carelessness in handling the products .
She said that the offences contravened Sections 287, 350 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Section 287 stipulates a three-year jail term for offenders while Section 350 carries a two- year jail term.
Magistrate A.O. Ajibade admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N250, 000 with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case until Sept.7 2020 for mention.
Edited By: Peter Dada (NAN)
- Andreescu will not defend United States Open title
- Serena beats Venus to reach Lexington quarter-finals
- Gov. Umahi rejects Ebonyi’s transfer to Police Zone 13 Division
- UN Chief welcomes Israel, UAE peace agreement
- Caretaker committee promises better times for Anambra football stakeholders, unveils new FA secretariat
- NAPHER-SD identifies loopholes in sports industry policy draft, calls for review
- COVID-19: PTF working with partners to implement comprehensive response to virus
- How I survived COVID-19 — Foreign Affairs Minister
- Leipzig stun Atletico Madrid to reach Champions League last four
- Workshop identifies harmful impacts of Global Gag Rule on developing nations