A truck loaded with beverage on Wednesday crushed to death four persons and severely injured four others, when it lost control from brake failure, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has said.
The FRSC Sector Commander in Oyo State, Mrs Winifred Uche, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Ibadan.
Uche said that the accident happened at about 8:30am on Wednesday at Aleshinloye junction when the truck had a brake failure, and rammed into a Micra car and two bicycles.
“Four persons lost their lives; three males and one female.
” Four persons also injured, two males and two females while four vehicles were involved namely a truck, one Micra and two bicycles.
“The cause of the accident I think is a brake failure; the truck had a brake failure and rammed into other vehicles,” Uche said.
She said that the corpses of the dead persons had been deposited at Adeoyo Hospital mortuary while the injured were taken to Mobolaji Hospital,Oke-Bola, for treatment.
The sector commander called on truck drivers not to overload their vehicles and should always check the condition of their vehicle brakes before embarking on any journey.
She further advised motorists to be cautious and alert when driving into busy area.
Edited By: Kevin Okunzuwa/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- School closure: Nasarawa govt to revoke operational licences of erring private schools
- Schools reopening: JAMB to give new commencement date for admission
- PDP BoT Chairman commends INEC over peaceful conduct of Nasarawa bye election
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors