“France and President @EmmanuelMacron have done a really great job thus far with a very important G-7.
Lunch with Emmanuel was the best meeting we have yet had.
Likewise, evening meeting with World Leaders went very well. Progress being made!” Trump wrote on Twitter.
Before the summit, the French leader invited Trump to an impromptu lunch, during which the parties discussed a number of issues, including trade, tensions in the Persian Gulf, the situation in Libya and Iran.
The Group of Seven (G7) Summit officially opened in the city of Biarritz in southwestern France.
(Edited by Emmanuel Yashim)
- Building infrastructure, key to aviation industry survival – stakeholders
- CP inaugurates state community policing committee in Nasarawa
- ECOWAS Parliament urges member states to strategise toward stimulating their economies after COVID-19
- Cleric wants entrepreneurship training programmes in orphanages
- Infertility: Expert advocates medical intervention for menstrual challenges
- 5th Anniversary: Work in progress, no distraction, Presidency tells Nigerians
- COVID-19: Global solidarity only hope for humanity, says Buhari
- NGF to engage AGF on financial autonomy for states’ judiciary, legislature
- Ndume asks Buhari to assent to Peace Corps Bill
- Lagos BRT operator announces increase in fares
- Group seeks end to age-limit for women seeking assisted reproduction technology in Lagos
- Group honours Niger citizens killed in violence
- Don’t expose your children to cold during rainy season, Paediatrician warns parents
- ICPC investigating cases of COVID-19 fraud — official
- APC distributes palliatives to indigents, vulnerable in Ebonyi
- Court convicts 24 motorists in Imo for violating COVID-19 guidelines
- Thai-Malaysian border shuts again after reports of new COVID-19 cases
- Africa’s COVID-19 cases hit 123,000 – WHO
- COVID-19: Katsina builds 722-bed capacity isolation centres – Masari
- Old students donate N1m to Plateau COVID-19 fund