Turkey and Azerbaijan held a large-scale joint military exercise with the participation of air and ground forces, the Turkish defense ministry said on Thursday.
The joint drilling in Azerbaijan continues with the participation of Turkish army’s aviation elements, the ministry tweeted.
The military exercise involving jets and helicopters started on Wednesday and will continue until Aug. 10, semi-official Anadolu Agency reported.
The drills came following tense clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenia along their border, which happened more than two weeks ago, claiming numerous lives on both sides.
Ankara affirmed its full support to Baku immediately after the border clashes erupted on July 12.
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse
- For Europe’s “super clubs”, UEFA Champions League determines all
- YYA sues for peace in Ondo Assembly, condoles with Ogun over Kashamu