The hospital was built in the Ataturk airport area on the European side of Istanbul and named after Murat Dilmener, a notable Turkish doctor, who died of COVID-19 in Istanbul at the beginning of May.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan also attended the opening ceremony of the hospital, which has a capacity of 1,008 beds.
Another hospital had been launched to cure COVID-19 patients on May 29 in the Sancaktepe district on the Asian side of the city.
Turkey has recorded 4,515 deaths and 163,103 confirmed COVID-19 cases as of Saturday.
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Lunguda/Waja unrest: Adamawa deputy governor calls for peace
- Court fixes July 21 for suit seeking to stop Senate from screening 11 nominees as judges